6/29/2016

127 hours

 “127 hours” is the film that inspire me a lot. During the first time watched this film, I really can’t understand. I feel nothing in this film cause no hero and villains. I like the movie have hero and villain, so I can enjoy the fighting scene. This film mostly only one character to present. I can’t believe I can open my eyes and watch it until the end. It not suitable to give children to watch, because it to boring and some scene very disgusting when he tried to cut out his hand when his hand stuck in the Blue John canyon. But when I studying in university already 2 years. I totally changed my perception in film studies. When after I watched a film, I will think many aspect to review the film. It very important that how director presented his art work in different ways. Director of this film used many skills of editing and different shoot to present the film. I watched this 3 times, then I only understand what really this film talking about.


The main character of this film is Aron Ralston. He is outgoing. He like to find challenging activity to do. So he likes to climb mountain and canyon. One day, he stuck in the Blue John canyon. His right hand stuck inside the big stone. So he only can use his left hand. During the moment he stuck in the canyon, I can feel how suffer during that moment. Director use many ways to shows the suffer moment to let audient also can feel it. The camera angle quite challenging, because the place very narrow that only can fit 1-2 camera men. I totally admire that how director direct them to shoot this film.

In this 127 hours, Aron tried hard to get out from that place. He also tried many ways to survive. It use Extreme close up and fast cut to present the point of view of Aron. When Aron drink water, the shot cut to the water and many bubbles. Audience saw blue and pure water. After that, Aron not enough water to drink, so he drink his pee. When he drink his pee, we can see the yellow colour water with extreme close up. Another extreme close up is when Aron use knife cut his hand. We will saw the knife cut until inside the bone with extreme close up.

In this moment when he stuck inside the canyon, a lot of flashback and also future view pass through his mind. This film also show the imagination of him in his mind. This show a lot of editing skill to present the scene in his mind. Director used use time-lapse to show the time go through very fast. Mean Aron life goes very fast in his mind when he feel suffer, alone, and hopeless. When we suffer, alone and hopeless, our mind will think a lot.


I found a lot of hidden messages in this film. First is we don’t waste water. In this film, Aron tried hard to save the water to survive. When he knew he has no enough of water, he tried to arrange time to drink water. Unlucky, he need to drink his pee because not enough of water. How important water, but we didn’t realize it and keep waste the water. Only we lost the water, then we only realize how important without water to fulfill our needs for every day. Next is our family, how long we didn’t contact our family after we came to university life. Only we lost thing, we think about our family. The imagination of Aron have a lot his family memories because he feel hopeless. I like this film, it taught me a lot how to life happy. Don’t think about what you lost, think about what you have. Go appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment